Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
September 20th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is getting easier to get around in a country where neither of us knows the language. At first it was intimidating, and we did make a few mistakes, like getting off at the wrong tram stop, and today I got two ice-creams instead of one with two scoops, because I couldn't make myself understood. Here is a better log about yesterday from Hal's notebook. Mine wasn't so good because I spent an hour trying to get the pictures onto the blog, and even though two people helped me, it just didn't work with this computer and program, so you'll have to imagine things, and wait for another time. We caught the trolley to old town and saw the astronomical clock. Every hour figures appear and rotate through 2 windows as a skeleton pulls a chain. We walked through the Jewish Quarter. We then worked the spokes/streets that radiated from the square. There was an elderly man playing very good jazz on a sax. Then he started singing rap in a loud voice. It was pretty amusing. He was actually quite good at the jazz. We went into the Church of St. Nicholas. Beautiful cupola, dome, chandeliers. We also walked to the Smetana Concert Hall where the Vivaldi and Canon in D, and Mozart will be that we will go to. It is ornate and has several huge mosaics. Today we had dinner at the place that brews the ORIGINAL Bud. Harold had roast goose leg, and great side dishes. Carmen had fried mushrooms and potatoes. Both dishes very good. Take care. More later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb