Cesky Krumlov - Czech Republic


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Views of Cesky Krumlov 1 31 secs
2: Views from the Castle 42 secs
3: Dinner on the Hotel Terrace 23 secs
Tuesday 1st July: Spent the morning meandering through the back streets of this ancient little town before taking a tour of the Cesky Krumlov Castle. The theme in each room of the castle has been maintained with the same decor and furniture that was in place during its actual occupancy however I doubt some of it was original given the castle has been restored in many areas during the 1800's. The views from the bell tower were very impressive which gave 360 degree views across the town as I walked around the outside perimeter at the top. I then booked a kayak for the remainder of the afternoon and was driven by car 5km upstream and spent 1.5 hours casually paddling downstream back into the town taking in amazing scenery on both sides of the river. The rapids in some areas proved to be a challenge in keeping the kayak upright and I wore plenty of water on the larger ones. Thankfully I took the advice not to take the camera or phone with me as the kayak was half full of water by the time I came into the town! Finished the evening with dinner at my hotel restuarant on an elevated terrace above the Vltava River overlooking the pedestrian bridge and water wheel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb