Day 3 - Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 8th 2014
Published: April 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Still in Prague. We walked all the way to Vyšehrad, passing through Wenceslas Square. It was bustling with tourist and had some sort demonstration going on. We visited the National Museum, which took us through the economic history of Czech Republic and other countries. The exhibitions were housed in a separate building from the National Museum itself as the building was undergoing reconstruction, which was unfortunate.



Vyšehrad means citadel. It is said to be the place of origin of Prague. We strolled around the area, admiring the view of the city. We also visited St. Peter and Paul, another beautifully decorated cathedral. There is a cemetery beside the church, home to many famous Czech musicians.



We made our way back to the old town, walking along the river bank. Reaching the town centre, we went into the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn (another church?!). No photography was allowed but I didn't notice the sign, and so managed to get in a shot. After that, we decided to try a local delicacy, Trdelník from the Easter market. It was delicious. We then went back to our hostel to look for dinner on the internet. We managed to get a cheap yet yummy dinner in yet another local restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement




Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb