The Most Magical Place on Earth!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

MagicMagicMagic

There were people putting their hands through the space between them and even touching the top guy's feet. It would make them tremble but they stayed like this for at what had to be at least 30 mins. UNREAL.
Hello friends and family! I wish you were all here to see what Jess and I have been seeing. Prague is without a doubt our favorite place we've been to so far. There is a magic in the air here. Our first day of exploring, we walked from our apartment to Wenceslas Square, an historic and breathtaking section of Prague 1 district. We were immediately taken by the architecture. While walking among it, it's not difficult to imagine the streets and buildings in their time. The attention to detail on every building you see is staggering. The buildings are like individual pieces of art and Prague is the gallery. Imagine living inside of a museum! It truly is a fairy tale brought to life. One of the first things we saw in Prague were these two street performers, it's difficult to describe what they were doing, but they appeared to be defying gravity with their balance and strength all while in what appeared to be deep meditation. There is a picture of it that we shared. After walking through the city, feeling the magic and then seeing the magic, we instantly fell in love with this bohemian paradise. We spent the next day exploring more of the city and walking through Old Town, Charles Bridge, Lesser Town, and the Prague Castle. We walked through the beautiful Old Town square and walked across Charles Bridge. All of which bring their own beauty and reiterate the romance that emanates off the city. It's really difficult to put into words how gorgeous these places are. Maybe we'll let the pictures explain it to you for us. Across the bridge is Lesser Town. We fell in love once again with the architecture and quaint grandness of it all. We continued onto a windy uphill cobblestoned road until we reached the Prague Castle. Everyone that walks through the entrance hall and comes out the other side to see the size, beauty, and detail that immediately hits you when you first see the castle is stunned in silence by it's presence. We had an almost religious experience looking upon and taking in all of what the castle had to offer visually. We felt as if we could've stayed there for hours with our heads up and mouths agape. Prague Castle is recognized as the largest ancient castle in the world but it very well could be the most beautiful. I wish all of you could see and feel the way we do being here. We have plenty more pictures and adventures to share on this trip. I suggest looking up any of the places I mentioned above. The history of them can be felt but it's definitely worth knowing as well!



Cheers!



Daryl for Jeryl

Chief Editor Jess


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



23rd January 2014

Holy Ish!
How astoundingly beautiful! I have fallen in love through your experience. Breath-taking. Love your blog, and you guys! Where else will you be heading? So you know, when Jav and I did Airbnb for a year we had guests stay with us from all over Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Ukraine- you name it) and we still have connections with some awesome people. Javier also has a brother who lives in Copenhagen and his other brother is married to a woman from Slovakia who has tons of family there. Alls I'm sayin' is, might lead to a free place to stay or maybe some cool local people to hang with/learn from. Let me know!
25th January 2014
Magic

Magic in the air
Very cool. Can't wait to read more.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb