Prague!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 14th 2013
Published: January 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a tour around the old Jewish area of Prague. We saw 5 beautiful synagogues and a large Jewish cemetery. One of the synagogues really got to me. As you entered, every wall was covered in names of all of the Jewish people, about 80,000, from Prague that were killed. As I kept entering rooms I expected the names to finally run out but it never did. There were in all but one room. This other room is the room that upset me the most. The room was full of pictures that the young Jewish children drew while they were in the ghetto. They were picture that ranged from what they missed from home, what life was like back then and in the ghetto, and what they thought life would be like once they were able to leave the ghetto. It was a very sad thing to see.

After that, Kelsey and I broke off and went of a fun adventure to the Prague Castle, which is also the biggest castle in the world. We could not figure out the bus system and then missed our stop. But don’t worry, we ended up getting there. It was very large and very beautiful. But getting up there was a lot of work; it was uphill with a lot of stairs. The view of the city from there was way beyond worth it though. It was one of the prettiest things I have seen; I did not want to go down.

We ran into another group of students from our trip and went to Charles Bridge. It was gorgeous, especially once we crossed the river and saw the bridge with the castle in the background.

Dinner ended up being some kind of dessert from a bakery followed by a sandwich. All I know is that I don’t want to leave Prague in a couple of says.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th January 2013

It is obvious that you are having the time of your life! We know this experience will help shape you as the loving young woman you are meant to be. May God continue to bless you, sweetie!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb