Kickin it in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 27th 2005
Published: July 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

July 27: Prague, Czech Republic at Ariva Guesthouse

Now we're in Prague in the very basement of this cave looking arcade place using the internet. We've been here for 5 days now and have not done a whole lot and have been enjoying sleeping in. The place we're staying at looked amazing on the internet but of course we got there and it was this musty smelling apartment and the hostel owner that it was all great because he decorated the room by painting the doors orange! But it works anyways and is a place to stay, plus we have our own room so that is nice. We also have a balcony but whenever we are on it you always have to keep one foot on steady ground because ya just don't know how sturdy it is!

So far we have walked around Old Town which is where many of the tourist attractions are such as the anatomical clock and gorgeous churches and the Charles Bridge which has amazing statues and tons of artists that are selling etchings and paintings that look great. We've also been up to the castle and there is a stunning sight from the top which overlooks Prague. As we were walking around Old Town some venders were selling hot dogs that looked real good so Justin and I thought it'd be alright to split one not even putting it together that we shouldn't eat vender food and sure enough not even 8 hours later Justin was crappin his pants..it was horrible!! I made it out alright because the hot dogs were so disgusting and had huge chunks of fat in them that I didn't eat my half...luckily. So now he's just waiting for the immodium to kick in. Then we met up with Carmen and Chris for dinner, who we met in Berlin. They took us to this really cool little hole in the wall restaurant that looks like a cave and was underground. They have been real fun to hang out with and sooo generous!!

We've also noticed the people here are just rude and crabby! We've ran into a few instances where the people are just not friendly and even try to rip ya off because you are a tourist.

Now that we have been gone for 2 1/2 weeks we're getting more into travel mode and things just don't bother us much like taking a cold shower, staying in weird places and eating weird food with ketchup that tastes nothing like it does in america. We've met some cool people as well, its always fun exchanging stories.

That's about it for now...next stop is Krakow (we'll be arriving July 30) and Auschwitz... that'll be something else!

Beth and Justin



Advertisement



27th July 2005

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Sure do miss you guys. I'm still waiting for pictures!
27th July 2005

We're having some nice weather here, now. Sounds like you're om a real adventure, Survivor style.
28th July 2005

Montezuma's revenge
Justin - Don't ya just love fatty hot dogs?
28th July 2005

Feeling Better
Hey Beth, I have the world map up on the wall trying to track your moves. Any new on Thailand? You know India had an earthquake and they were predicting another tsuenami (sp) in Thailand! Has Dwight and Jenny bought tickets yet to meet up with ya? Dad

Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb