Cemeteries


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
June 12th 2005
Published: June 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cemeteries always bring to my mind my own mortality. I expect it is the same with others. Today Nancy, Johanna and I took a long walk through the Sarka Valley and then up a trail into a residential area of Prague. There is a church on a high point there, visible for miles in the direction of the seminary. We walked to the church, which was locked, and then through the cemetery. European cemeteries have quite a different look than those I am familiar with in the States. The families take a much more active role in attending the gravesites by planting flowers or other plants where there is soil. Many are totally covered by stone or cement coverings.

After strolling through the cemetery Johanna took us to a nearby restaurant, a real family run business, where we had a piece of cake each and a cup of coffee. The coffee was quite interesting ... a nice sized cup with coffee and a dip of vanilla ice cream melting in the hot coffee. It is delicious. Try it, you will like it. [Nancy-Actually this was my birthday cake. Johanna didn't know it till I told her the next day was my birthday. She is a delightful (and pretty) young woman who finished one program here and is beginning her studies for a Masters in Theology. We will miss her a LOT when we go home. The three of us have really 'clicked' and have a good time whenever we are together.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The dessert shop.The dessert shop.
The dessert shop.

They were doing a booming business.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb