The Serious Prague Blog


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Vinohrady
April 16th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Seriously hard to leave our hotel to venture out for our last day in Prague. We've never had so many people paying attention to us and catering to our every whim. And you know how Jeanne and I love our attention! Subway to Old Town and then food immediately - of course. Walked and walked to try and find a recommended restaurant, but every establishment has at least ten letters that don't belong next to each other. Settled on one with some English words "free masons". Had to convince Jeanne they would let us in because it would be tough to survive if limited to masons. Prague has to be the cheapest city in Europe. Four beers, two appetizers, and two entrees for the equivalent of twenty five dollars. Raining again of course but now have big girl umbrellas from the hotel. The architecture is absolutely spectacular and it's great there aren't thousands of people bumping into us to pick our pockets. Tried to catch the changing of the astronomical clock but missed the 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00. Probably while we were eating. Which brings me to the next establishment we found that was one of the only places that didn't allow smoking. Bill seemed a little higher than expected but found out you pay per pretzel that is hanging from a tree on the table. Jeanne and I just can't pass up our carbs. Four pretzels almost cost as much as two beers. Just a warning for those planning a trip soon. And one more caveat. Sitting outside in a restaurant on the square near the clock costs fifty percent more than eating inside. So just move to the next cafe.

So the three Prague experiences that rocked Jeanne's world: the quality of the toilet paper (must be 10 ply), the Belle Epoch art, and the service in the hotel. What's rocking me is that today is my birthday, I've survived this long and still had this much fun, and that my life is filled with so many people I love and it keeps getting better every year!!! Off to Dublin to meet Claire and be with our peeps.....

Advertisement



19th April 2012

Happy Birthday Pamela!!!! WOO HOO PARTY ON!
Hi Pamela, this is the first time i have ever blogged, twittered or whatever im doing, so i hope you get this! I just finished Prague and Ireland blogs just now....Happy Birthday! I know it was so sweet from your blog! so happy you are all really enjoying yourselves. Wish I was there :) Love, Cathy

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb