arrival in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
June 30th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 30th June

After a night on the train, we all slept a little, better than if we had a sit up seat anyway, we arrived in Prague on time around 9.30am.

Getting the bikes off the train was somewhat easier than getting them on because the platform was on the side of the carrage where the door was actually working. Passing down the panniers which we piled up on the platform and then unloaded the bikes from the train.

Then it was a matter of loading the panniers onto the bikes and riding the short distance to the Old Town. I phoned the contact for the apartment and we found a nice cafe to sit and have a coffee and some breakfast. I went off in search of an information office to get a map only to find out after looking for the address of our apartment that the tiny lane where we will be living for the next 3 nights was right at the cafe where we stopped for breakfast.

We had to wait for the lady to come with the keys and were then shown to our 6th floor apartment. Thank god for the lift albeit small it would kill us if we had to climb up all these steps several times per day.

We took off the panniers and took them upstairs and locked the bikes together in the locked foyer. Next we made use of the washing machine, washing everything we own. May as well take advantage as there will be a lot of hand washing of clothes duruing most of this trip.

Next was a quick trip to the supermarket for supplies for the next couple of meals as we have a full kitchen and we can self cater saving a few bucks. Man it is hot here and a lot more muggy than it was in Holland. Not that we are complaining - hot sunny weather is what we want. And there are plenty of tourists about also, packed in fact.

After a bit of lunch back at the apartment we ventured out to have a cold beer - as you do when in Prague. And big cold beer we did find. 48k = less than $3 aud for .5ltr - brilliant. We did not venture far as Lyn is still having a little trouble walking - more damage done to her foot than first admited.

We returned to the apartment again to cook dinner (pork) and ventured out again to have some icecream for dessert.

Robyn and I walked through the crowds to the Charles Bridge. The streets were wall to wall tourists.

I think these few days will be used to relax after the hectic running around shopping for bicycles, the drama of getting our laden bikes to and on & off the assorted trains and before the up coming ride.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



5th July 2012

@Welljealous.com
I am so envious of you. This trip looks amazing and you are really getting into the booze while you can! The pictures are good too.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb