Praha, Czech Republic


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
June 15th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Prost!!Prost!!Prost!!

Our first beer in Geissen, Germany. The brand name is Licher!
Well, we successfully conquered Prague!!

We arrived at 11pm Thursday June 11th after a very long drive from Heidelberg. On the way, we stopped in a little town called Rothenburg. (Thanks Teresa for the tip on the Midevil Museum there!) It was an AMAZING old town surrounded by a wall. Took TONS of pictures inside the Kriminal Mueseum. Actually ran the camera out of battery, and had to run back to the RV.

So, the drive to Prague was about 5 hours, and Jay had to drive the whole way, as I was a little hungover! However, I did learn the art of slicing tomatoes on the Autobaun while doing 120km/h !!! Most of the other cars were doing about 200km/h. It's really nice having a kitchen/bar/lounge/bedroom on wheels!!! This is definately the way to travel through Europe!!!

Prague is quite possibly the most beautiful city i have ever seen!!! Tons of old buildings mixed with new technology!! I have taken about 2000 pictures since we got here!
The first night, we wandered into town at midnight to explore, and got back around 5am. Much of this city runs 24hrs! Not very many people speak english here, I
HeidelbergHeidelbergHeidelberg

Many cool statues and buildings in Heidelberg!!!
thought Germany was tough!! We met some very cool people from England, Australia, and Hello to "Halil the Great from Macedonia"!!
The next day (Friday), we discovered a ferry from the little island we are staying on. This ferry takes us across the river to the heart of Prague. Everywhere you look there are beautiful things to look at! So much to take in, the food, the music, the sights the discos!! Everything is so different!!

Saturday we toured the Prague Castle. AMAZING 10th century buildings & archetecture, midevil dungeons & torture chambers!! Jay caught a local 8pc string set of Vivaldi, - but I came back for a nap. We are doing LOTS of walking, and my feet are toast already!! When Jay got back, we went out on the town again.
It seems we cant shake the Canadian time schedule! We are usually up quite late, and sleeping til noon or 2. I am typing this now at 4:25 am Sunday, but it is 7:25pm Saturday night in Kelowna. Internet has been very hard to come by, so I will send this blog later. I have not heard news from home in 4 days & I miss
Our MoHoOur MoHoOur MoHo

Picking up our RV after a 10 hr flight and a 4 hr business meeting in Geissen. This was at 1pm.
everyone lots! Its crazy to think this is only day 4 of 21!!!

Today, we have a few more sights to see in Prague, then its off to Munich, Germany. Prague is DEFINATELY a place I willl come back to! I dont think my photos will even to it justice! I will try to post some video as well!

Cheers to all! Jaime, Talon Kassie, Love ya, missin ya already!!

Mike


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

First nite in Praha (Prague)First nite in Praha (Prague)
First nite in Praha (Prague)

The view from our campsite accross the river
First Night RainFirst Night Rain
First Night Rain

Soaked and tired at 5am!
Big JayBig Jay
Big Jay

After this night, we figured out the ferry. Still had to walk a lot though!!
Our friend Bazant!Our friend Bazant!
Our friend Bazant!

These lil guys were runnin wild all over the campsite!! I had to walk ahead of the MoHo so we didnt run them over!! I thought Kassie would like this photo!


15th June 2009

Hooray... Pictures
Yippeee, so glad you were able to get some pictures up.
16th June 2009

The Autobaun
I am so glad you got to drive on the Autobaun. It sounds really cool. Sorry you are homesick already. It must be so different over there. I have been praying for your safety and that you and Jay would have a wonderful time. The pics you posted are awesome. I can't wait to see the rest. :) Take care guys and (try to) be careful.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb