Alla-moats


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Olomouc Region » Olomouc
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday July 2 – Today we woke up quite early for a day trip to a town called Olomouc (pronounced Olla-moats. Nothing in Czech sounds like it looks). We got a train there, which took two hours. We had a compartment to ourselves, which was really nice. A lot of talking and laughing ensued. Once there, we did some sightseeing which started with the city hall. It has an astronomical clock that has figured that move every hour, but instead of the normal clocks that have saints, this one had good communist workers. It wasn’t that exciting, but it was still interesting. It ended with a metal rooster crowing, which was the best part. Afterwards we grabbed some food at a vegetarian restaurant and continued to see the sights – more of the town, churches, etc. It was quite a hot day, and sunny, which made me feel tired and get a bit sunburned. To cure this, we got some lemon gelato. Man, that is good stuff. At 3:30pm we got back to the train station only to discover that we had just missed a train and had to wait until 5:30pm to go back to Brno. So we went to a café and got lemonade in the cutest mini-pitchers and relaxed until it was time. On the train we were alone again, and I laid down, exhausted and headachy, to sleep for a while. I thought this was not the right way to start a trip, exhausted. Once we got home I took a shower and some advil and the headache started to go and I felt more human again. Yvonne topped it off by making a wonderful stir-fry for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.453s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 28; qc: 134; dbt: 0.2358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb