On the ski run


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: In "The Singing Rock!" 1 secs
2: 'Looking at others around! 73 secs
Today, we didn't have any appointments. We were finished with lessons and so we could take our time 'cos carrying two sets of skies and poles in ski boots can be very exhausting!

We decided to take the 10:00 ski-bus and also use the time to take a few more photos of the scenery and also the other skiers.

Roky is a place that now relies heavily on tourism and as such most of the houses were either pensions like our own, ( private homes rented out ), apartment hotels or chalets and most things were written in Czech and German with a sprinkling of English here and there. Its rare to hear English voices. They're all in France or Italy me thinks!

It was a little misty today and it pretty early became difficult to see and so a little care was taken whilst skiing. You could never really hurt yourself on this piste but still, it never does to get over-confident. Indeed, my ex-husband actually broke his thumb on this piste. How he did this, I'll never know!

Today, we decided to have lunch at the hut on the piste rather than in the hotel 'cos I just couldn't stand another day of walking about unnecessarily and so “TSYG” had TWO hot dogs and I had smoked sausages soup. The service staff were really nice as they kept giving “TSYG” little sweets and bubblegum completely free of charge.

Apart from ourselves, I saw only one other none-white person ( a mixed race German teenager ) in the whole time that we were in Roky . We received a few looks and a few stares but most people especially the young people / children chatted to us and always said “Dobryden” whenever they saw us and smiled a lot.

Our skiing was pretty good. We tended to play games like “Follow My Leader” and so one of us would be the designated leader and we would have to do and follow exactly what the “leader” did. That was so much fun!

“TSYG” only fell a few times but there was one incident where he was following me and I had gone a little too fast and in following my tracks, he had fallen off his skies. I went back to collect him of course, but he was a bit upset and was crying a little 'cos he had gotten some scratches and was refusing to go back on his skis. After a little hug, a bit of persuasion and a promise of some “treats”, he climbed back onto his skies.

Phew! Best to get back on as soon as possible!!


See ya tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb