Hradec Kralove


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

National MuseumNational MuseumNational Museum

right next to praha station; 200 year old building used to house scientific and historic collections
this is our last night in hradec, inshallah. yusuf has his theory test at 0730 tomorrow morning (czechs start early) and we are hoping to be out of the city by 11am-ish. he is currently revising elsewhere in the faculty.

the current problem we have is that our inter rail tickets have not arrived yet. they were supposed to arrive today or tomorrow morning; by secure delivery and obviously without them we cannot start the trip. therefore we have decided to figure an alternative route through poland and germany if we cannot get the tickets in time. however ideally, we want to make it to istanbul.

another reason i really want to get there is to cross the bosphorus strait. if you dont know, this is the strip of water that divides istanbul into thrace (West) and anatolia (east) and the channel of water that divides turkey between asia and europe! istanbul is the only city in the world that stretches across 2 contintents.

we spent a lot of today packing and sorting things out. yusufs room is still quite fool but we have managed to get a couple of decent sized boxes done.

right, thats it for now. ill upload more random photos from yesterday. please keep reading and making comments. wish yusuf luck in his exam tomorrow inshallah!


Adal

Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Buying WaterBuying Water
Buying Water

7am, this actually day 2. you have to buy water to drink etc...


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb