Hvar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia
September 20th 2012
Published: September 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: free mooring if U use the resturant 57 secs
Love my iPad -just lost my entry!

Spent a couple of nights in Hvar due to inclement weather. The first night was at Konoba Mareta, hidden away in a little bay at the western end of the island. The mooring was free as long as we ate at the restaurant! We used the tender for the first time and it took two trips to get us all to get from the boat across to the restaurant. Greatfood, three courses with wine and grappa on the house! We ordered the salt baked fish and a flat fish and Linda and I had steak. It was accompanied byveggies and salad and we had a mixture of anitpasto to start. pancakes with jam for dessert rounded out the meal. In recognition of going out for dinner we ladies had had aswim (except Linda) and then washed our hair over the side of the boat using the fresh water shower at the back of the boat, the one weuse to rinse of with after our swim. The water was deliciously warm and our hair glossy and clean. We were entertained at dinner by one of the other tables which was seated by a group of musicians. We had a vigorous debate about most things and headed off a bit tipsy. The restaurant owner taxi-ed some of us back so we did not have to make two trips!

the next day we spent in Hvar,a beautiful city with very picturesque architecture. Some went for a bike ride some walked up to the castle and some just walked around town. I joined the bike ride and managed most of the hills, ok I lie, I rode half way up then walked the rest of the way. My legs are a bit sore but my butt is much better than expected.

Last night we stayed at the Parmizana marina on the island of St Klement as the weather was expected to turn bad and we needed shelter. The facilities were pretty good, but as always yes the showers could have had a few more hooks to hang clothes etc on. There was an amazing lightening storm with thunder and rain and hail but not the wind that had been forecast thank goodness. Off to Korcula to day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



8th October 2012

Hi Ken and Linda and crew,
Looks like you are having fun. You bring back many pleasant memories! Cheers STAVROS

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb