Zadar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Zadar
September 4th 2011
Published: January 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The next day was headed to Zadar. We stopped in at Split, a massive shopping district on the beach, very touristy, but a beautiful spot all the same. We really only had a couple of hours there until we moved on to Zadar, but long enough for the boys to stock up on top of the range bb guns that are illegal in Australia but sold in every shape and size over there, the next few nights could get interesting ha ha ha.

Zadar is similar to Dubrovnik in that the old town is fortified with walls and it’s got some roman ruins dating back well before the walls were built. Probably the best thing to see was the sea organ. As the waves crash in, specially crafted pipes act like an organ and as the waves push air through them it plays some beautiful music, music unique to every day, never the same song twice, the music of the ocean.

That night we all wanted to go out for Mel’s birthday, and as Alex wasn’t coming, I was appointed the unofficial organiser. And what a head fuck it was. Apparently you can’t just order 10 cabs in Zadar, and the bartender at the hostel kept trying to get his mates to do cabbie runs for us for the cash, although one was actually a cabby, it was really dodgy, the fares didn’t seem right, one guy was drunk, one was making really inappropriate comments to the girls so I made sure there was a guy in each cab. We had 40 people, 3 cabs in the end, and no idea where we were going but it all came together in the end. The club ‘hitch’ was the final stop after a bit of a pub crawl, a good spot. It was a lot of fun, but I wasn’t really feeling it, so once everyone had been recovered, and everyone was happy I quietly snuck away calling it a reasonable quiet night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb