Our beloved Vis


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Vis
July 16th 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Backgammon with a viewBackgammon with a viewBackgammon with a view

Above one of our favourite swimming spots, with a view to remind you you're on holidays
by anna (and david) June 14th-20th

I don't think we've been back to many places. We like discovering new ones. However, such is our love for this Dalmatian island, this year was the third in a row we have been to Vis (and hopefully there'll be many more visits in the future).

Day 1 we met David, Kristi and Finn in Split to get the ferry across to Vis. We were happy to survive the hair raising cab ride there. Seriously, I doubted we'd make it. I was too scared to be able to talk to ask the cabbie to slow down.

There is little more to say. Vis for us is all about chilling. Chilling on the balcony. Chilling by the water (beach is a bit generous). Chilling in Vatricia, our favourite restaurant (I think we did a personal best spending roughly 8 hours in one session there this time with lots of white wine sprizers - a theme of the trip perhaps? - important to water the wine down in Croatia). Chilling in Bar Lambik, watching the soccer, and, ... just chilling.

The weather was great this year, just like our first visit, which meant
Lobster - yum!Lobster - yum!Lobster - yum!

Us at the "lobsteria" in Komizca on the other side on the island.
lots of swimming, and the discovery of a new beach or two, and, as was the case during our first visit here, Europe was gripped by a major football championship - the European Cup in this case. Viewing fit well into our evening schedule but unfortunately Croatia were knocked out at the end of our week there.

In short, the week passed as all weeks do on Vis. In blissful pleasure, and all too quickly.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Finn and KristiFinn and Kristi
Finn and Kristi

Finn obviously enjoying his second trip to Vis too!
David and David holding court in Bar LambikDavid and David holding court in Bar Lambik
David and David holding court in Bar Lambik

In the cave of the bar post an Italian Euro game from memory (which is very hazy of that night)
Leaving VisLeaving Vis
Leaving Vis

This photo kills me everytime


22nd July 2008

Product placement
Are you sure this trip isn't sponsored by a brewery. How is the product placement? Nearly every shot! Love it....
23rd July 2008

Beer well placed ...
.... some habits die hard ... :)
23rd July 2008

... by the way, Ben, is that an offer. I'd be happy to take it :)

Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb