Sail Croatia 1st - 8th June


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
June 9th 2013
Published: June 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Long time no blog. I have basically been in London since Jan/Feb with only one trip to Stratford-upon-avon so it was nice to finally be able to get away. I've been working 6 days a week for 5 weeks to save up for this trip and I must say it was worth it! For one week I did a Topdeck tour of the Croatian Islands. Topdeck is a company that specialises in tours for 18-30 somethings. I had quite a few friends that had done the same tour and had an amazing time, most of them Aussies and Kiwis so since I would be travelling alone I thought it would be a good idea to jump on one of these trips. The tour is a round trip from Split stopping at a few islands and coastal towns along the way. We usually left port around 5am each morning to sail to the next destination. The weather was so nice so we often had swim stops where we could jump off the boat into the water. A blast of cold, clear water is one of the nicest ways to start your morning after sleeping on a bunkbed in a room below deck not even large enough for 2 people. Basically all I did was eat, sunbake during the day, explore the islands a little bit and then go out at night. We had a very roudy group so at the end the Captain wasn't our biggest fan and the tour guide said we definitely made her work for her money. I had a great time though and am sad to be back in London. Only 4 months to go though and I will be back in Melbourne! Time flies when you are having fun.

This blog is mostly pictures (see below) as they say it all. Croatia has an incredible history and all the cities show it. There are a lot of delapetated and abandoned houses as well as buildings that have stood for centuries which people still live in. I always look in wonder at these buildings as they are older than the entire country of Australia itself. My favourite place was an island called Hvar. It is simply beautiful and of course, a great amount of fun. A close second is a city called Dubrovnik. I'll let the photos show you why....


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

First day - MilnaFirst day - Milna
First day - Milna

Rained all of day 1
Split marketsSplit markets
Split markets

In amongst Diocletian’s Palace walls


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb