Krka National Park


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Sibenik
September 24th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a break from visiting cities and travelled to Krka National Park. On entering the park you transfer to a bus which takes you to the major falls which are very picturesque. Many small streams spread out over a large area which come together at an impressive waterfall. The trip down the mountainside is interesting when two buses meet on a switchback road barely wide enough for 2 cars and no guardrails. We also joined a 4 hour boat tour which took us to an island which was home to a very well maintained active monastery complete with brown robed monks. The skipper was a real character who welcomed us on board with a glass of the local moonshine. They sell this stuff at the side of the road as you drive around Croatia. The trip continued on up the gorge arriving at a smaller set of waterfalls with a working grist mill. This was a one hour stop where we enjoyed a large bottle of mineral water, large plate of cheese, basket of bread and olives (all for the sum of $11.00). The weather was beautiful and perfect for this type of activity. We had originally planned to visit Split tomorrow but will likely stay in Trogir where we have a nice room with a terrace overlooking the water. It turns out that the old town here is a UNESCO heritage sight and smaller in size than Split.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



26th September 2008

wow - this is stunning - its one place I never made it to - looks like it is worth a trip

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb