Omis in Croatia 8 July 2013


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Omis
July 8th 2013
Published: July 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Omis in Croatia 8 July 2013

After leaving Bosnia-Herzegovenia, we then drove up to Omis where we checked into a Camping Park. All the beachside Parks are really busy as it is Europe’s summer holidays. There is always space available but prices are higher in the high-season. Instead of paying 13-16 Euros we are paying 23-45 Euros per night.

It was really difficult to decide which beach to stay at because there are so many along this stretch of the Croatian coast. We chose Omis because it was on the beach rather than on top of the cliff overlooking the sea.

After checking in at Camp Galeb we set ourselves up. The Park was busy with all the holiday makers. There were a lot of families which was great. After walking down the drive of the Camp site, we saw there was a dinosaur amusement park neighbouring the camp site and supermarket just across the road.

We did our food shopping which was 500m from the camp-site, had dinner and then rode our bikes into the town which took 5 minutes. We walked around and saw many restaurants and lots of small tourist shops. There was also a large sideshow and amusement park area which had been set up for the school holidays. The area was really busy. The weather was warm but breezy with a bit of thunder and lightning around (which didn’t amount to anything).

There is a semi-ruined Venetian ruin on top of the bare rock behind the town which looked fantastic with its night lights on. There were also remnants of the old town’s wall.

It was about 9.00pm when we got back to the Camper. The night was going to be very hot so it was a cool shower before bed.

The next morning Tom got up and had a swim down at the beach. It was too cold for me as the water from the nearby River Cetina, coming down from the mountains was cooling down the sea water.

We were off to Split today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb