Im on a Boat


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
August 4th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Celebrating Kyle's birthday at midnight on what felt like a bc ferry with a piece of chocolate cake and a few homemade gin and juices we arrived in Split, Croatia at 7:30 the following morning. Luckily for us the tranfer between ferries took about 20 minutes and we set sail towards Hvar Island not before enjoying our first real breakfast containing eggs since Bordeaux. After 14 consecutive hours on a ferry we arrived at the northern end of the island and caught an oven with wheels into town. Being unprepared like usual, we were fortunate enough to be in Croatia where the average homeowner begs for tenants the second you step foot on their turf. Within seconds we found our cheapest, nicest, and most private accomadations thus far on our trip, all before noon. Stoked for the cloudless skys, and crystal blue waters, we made our way along the popular sea-walk to the center of town. Harbours crowded with million dollar yachts and street vendors gave us our first real feeling of vacation. Being the only ones on the island without a yacht of our own we decided to take full advantage of the 400 kuna per day boat rentals( 50 bones!) the following morning. Being Canadian we stocked our boat with enough tall Karlovacs to sink a small ship, some food, and what ended up being useless drinking water, and started touring our way through the islands on our bayliner 5 horse, with a canopy. Intoxicated by 9 am, we made our way to an island that had the tallest cliff jumps in the area. Kyle and Tenille manned the ship while I scaled the most jagged rock face heading towards the cleanest jump, but not before entering center ring to a mountain goat royal rumble, this was a heavyweight bout. Now running for my life towards a 60 foot drop, I tossed my sandals, hucked a gainer, and continued our deep sea voyage. After coming within a hundred yards of Tofino, we realized we had to make our boat curfew and returned back to port through ocean swells twice the size of our vessel. Nearing shore we ran out of fuel, and like any noble captain would, Kyle abandoned Tenille and I and plundered into the sea towards land. With our backs burnt and our bottles empty our night consisted of aloe vera and a good night sleep. Our last day on the island was spent basting ourselves in sunscreen and lying in the sun beside the beach. Because we didn't have swiss bank accounts and floating mansions our night funds were pretty much useless here so we walked along the water and enjoyed all the activities including the sexiest tango dancing, and a yacht that looked like it belonged in outer space. Once our bags were packed we were hearded onto the bus towards the ferry back to Split and the end of our island adventure, which put us on coarse to Dubrovnik.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb