Croatian Honeymoon - First night in Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 18th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After about 20 hours of traveling (and worrying we might miss our connection), we finally arrived in Dubrovnik! We were picked up at the airport and our personal driver took us to the Villa Dubrovnik. This gorgeous hotel is right on the water and we had a balcony with amazing views of the Old Town and the water. It was early afternoon, so we put on our swimsuits and went down to the private "beach" area. I liberally call it a beach because it was only rocks with steps built directly into the rocks leading down in to the COLD water. After lounging for a bit in the sunshine by the water, we showered and caught the hotel shuttle into the old town city walls. Our travel company had made arrangements for us to have dinner at one of their best traditional Croatian restaurants, Restaurant Dubrovnik. Cars aren't really allowed into the city limits, so we walked and found our way to the restaurant, checking out all of the little side streets and shops on the way. Dinner was good - our waiter accidentally dropped our bottle of red wine on the floor, so he gave us a free dessert and some Croatian dessert wine. We were also seated on the top floor and the restaurant had a retractable roof. We had a candelabra and it was a great first evening in Croatia. We ended the evening with a glass of wine at our hotel's rooftop bar and called it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb