Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
September 27th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our boat to Dubrovnick left at 9 am and the journey from Cavtat took about an hour with a stop at another resort area. The old city of Dubrovnik was packed with tourists. Every major center seems to have tour buses and tour guides escorting groups. Dubrovnik probably had more tourists packed into a small area than anywhere we have been. This is a very old city which has been bombed on many occasions and a lot of money has been spent to restore the area. It seems most buildings on the main level are either restaurants or shops. Lots of vendors everywhere - many just bring a table and set up wherever there is space. The upper levels are rental apartments and regular residents. It is amazing to think that people actually live here. Our visit was not long because the number of tourists made it difficult to get around and it seemed everywhere you turned they wanted more money - it even cost $10 to walk up to the wall - we didn't bother. By using the stairs locatd in the more residential area we were able to get almost to the top anyway. The boat trip was in fact a highlight - a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours enjoying the scenery and the sea air.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb