Great Sailing and Dolphins


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am so excited I finally have a few minutes to update you!

We have had difficulty getting online so know that there is (obviusy) sooo much to tell

one challenge has been foreign keyboards that have english letters but they dont match when typing so please forgive my rudimentary typing and any typos.

ž

We just returned from a fantastic week of sailing around the islands off of Zadar, Croatia with Elle and Kaya. The winds were mostly strong enough for some real fun + feeling our chartered boat which was a retired racing boat really show her colors. Several times we would jump overboard and tow each other behind our sailing boat in the incredible turquoise water which was soooo refreshing + though sometimes the boat was going so fast we cold act like dolpins + at times though you could barely get a breath in!

yesterday while sailing, Elle cited dolphins doing full breeches on the horizon + we headed over to them and sailed with them for a while. It was so exciting and touching when one chose to swim alongside us!

It came right up to the bow of our boat and danced from side to side , seeming to look up at us smiling!

ž

We have thoroughly enjoyed jumping in the water every morning off the back of the boat, having breakfast outside while watching the gulls and listening to the birds on shore, near small little Adriatic villages. Severa times we rowed the dingy and waked in to them for groceries or just to look around + beautiful gardens and lots of fishing boats.

Guy rowed into a village at 6:30am and got fresh fish one day from a local father and son who were fishing for their family and generously offered to sell some of their catch.

We also went to a national park on Cornati Island where we hiked up from the salt lake to incredible cliffs!

our bus is about to leave for Plitvitze park +

ž

parting Elle and Kaya with sweet sorrow and full hearts from a wonderful week.

ž

sending you lots of love and joy from Croatia!

ž

žKaren and Guy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb