Based in Burgas


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Burgas Province
July 26th 2004
Published: July 26th 2004
Edit Blog Post

We choose to stay in Burgas for a few days, it would allow us to make day trips to Nesebar and the Poda Conservation center at the Burgas Lakes.

When we arrived at the bus station back from reset and recuperation in Ahtopol we decided that we would again try a private room. This time we went to a private agency. The agency had a room in not a bad location for 26 Leva a night (13 Euro).

Burgas - not a bad city, though to be honest we didn't spend much time there. There is a little beach, a few churches, a large port and some Lakes. We didn't visit the museums, or churches, but did wander around the town a few times, mainly to get money from the ATMs and get to other places.

The only other thing that we started to notice is that taxi drivers and illegal street money changes get quite persistant here. As soon as you walk off a bus or train - "change money?", "taxi" - after the 40th time it's a bit anoying. Another danager with changing money on the streets is that it is a common way to set a tourist up, the amount and location of a tourist's valuables is noted and the great deal that they just got on exchanging those Euros is followed by a robbery.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 33; qc: 122; dbt: 0.2446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb