holy split.


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » South » Mostar
April 28th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hello from bosnia!

yes, bosnia. currently in mostar, its raining but that shant dent spirits! had a lovely few days since last written, busy but not busy at all, and the weather has been glorious! oh yes. so a general recap!

stayed in zadar for another day and spent the evening by the sun disk. the sun disk is a big cylindrical thing on the sea front, pretty unassuming in the day but at night it turns into something particularly awesome. the thing is set on top of a pretty insane light show, its beautiful. if you use windows media player, its like those visualizations you can get on there, only its huge and on the floor. rather mezmerising, or however thats spelt. i spent about an hour just looking at it, it was pretty wonderful. ended up being a handy meeting place for meeting up with iva, and we then in turn met up with tanya and her flatmate for some quiet drinks. another lovely evening was had, iva and tanya are definitely 2 of the best people i've met through all travels, was just very comfortable with them from the start, which is pretty rare for me i suppose. i do miss them already, so will definitely head back to zadar one day. either way, best sunsets in europe is what i've been told.

then headed down to split, with its hilarious name. split was lovely, pretty much what i always wanted italy to be. i pretty much spent 2 days sitting on the promenade looking at the sea, it was all extremely relaxing. on my last day i met a girl in the hostel called hannah, she was from nottingham, very chatty and very nice. she had just got back from walking up the hill, so i decided i would go and do that myself, and boy am i glad i did. the view from up top was spectacular, and it turned into one of those things where no matter how tired your legs are, you just cant help but keep walking. got a lot done up there, head clearing yaddyadda, even if the walk down was pretty tiring. worth it though! me and hannah then went out for a drink, all good, got back to the hostel, took a picture of a 'made in yugoslavia' sign on a pan (GEEK) and went to bed. ace.

which leaves me where i am now, which is the caitlin bateman approved majda's rooms in mostar, bosnia, waiting for her brother to turn up to commence his tour. i've met a couple of very funny americans here (how many mosquitoes can you fit in a mini van? 60.) so it'll be nice spending a couple of days with them. general plan is to stay here for a few more days than planned, and then maybe head to sarajevo. we shall see, but i shall leave it there for now, as bosnia probably requires its own entry. sweet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb