Sibiu to Zrenjanin Serbia on to Sarajevo Bosnia Herzegowina.


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » East » Sarajevo
July 19th 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

After Romania we did 345 kilometres to Serbia. Looking for our Pension in Zrenjanin we had a problem. According to the GPS the street did not exist. We asked a young man who stopped at a pizza shop. He looked at the address, phoned them then said follow me. He took us to the front door of the Pension at the edge of the city. Thanking him with, Australia thanks you he pointed at his shirt. It was an Aboriginal print of a kangaroo. Staring at him he said I have uncle in Australia and I luuuv Australia. What a gem of a guy. The Lady in the Pension spoke no English. An English speaking Croatian guy helped out. We told then we had not eaten since 8 a.m. It was now 5 p.m. because we had no Bosnian valuta. They suggested to order a pizza as they would accept Euro. After that a shower and dead tired to bed. The following day another 450 kilometres were waiting. After several border crossings between Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, we arrived in Sarajevo. Again a none existed address. We knew it was close to the old town. We followed the sign to the big Mosque at the river. Getting close we asked a couple young guys in a service van. After checking the address they said follow us like we had before. Wow. An opening in the hotel building pointed to the garage. We drove in and landed into a metal box. A door closed behind us. It was a car lift. Did not know what to do, so pushed the alarm button and than we moved upwards to the roof. We drove onto a roof car park. And there stood a young lady that smiled at us and explained the procedure. We were happy to be in our room. The trip was over mountain roads and river gorges. Beautiful but tiresome. After freshen up we saw we were in the middle of the old city. Now we had to find a place to eat and found that in the form of a steakhouse. We had not had a steak since leaving home. It comes on a sizzling plate and for that reason they supply you with a bib to protect your clothes. It tasted nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb