Week 20 - Titles !


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant
June 18th 2012
Published: June 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

WARNING : If you're easily disguisted, just don't read the following. simple. It's not essential reading, and i dont want people complaining to me about the content of my blog. I dont find it offensive at all, just putting the warning out there. Judge all you want, we're exchangers !

Ps, i realise that probably just made you want to read the following more...

6/6/2012

Today wasn’t just any other Wednesday. Nor was it just any other ‘carre’, today was titles. This is when 7 people from the some 200 here get the coveted trophies of exchange glory. Among the titles are “Queen slut” (no guesses there to what constitutes a winner…), “Horndog” (Male Version of QS), “Best Newie”,”Beer King”, “Godfather”, “Godmother” and “Queen Bitch”. We all got there super-early, and started out in true exchanger style of gettin’ rowdy.

Around half way through the night, the ceremony started. The previous recipient’s of the trophies were there to not only hand the tradition on, but to also explain why, and who received the prize. Joanna was first to receive a prize, and she got QS, much to the amusement of the rest of us. Next was Elise who got godmother, each of the titles at taking around 10 minutes apiece to give out, due to the difficulty of getting a whole pub-full of exchange student quiet enough to hear one person talk above the rest. The next was Jack who got Queen Bitch, which was just epic. He was only the second man to have ever won that prize, and for good reason too – you have to be one big SOAB.

Best newie went to Tatiana Roberti, and Beer King to Papini. Then, out of nowhere, as Godfather was being given, the dude who tbh, I hadn’t come very close to (it’s hard with over 200 in Belgium…) gave the award of godfather to me. It was amazing, it was THE title I’d wanted, and It gives me the responsibility of knowing all my fellow exchangers back to front, helping them out in times of need, and being a really approachable, nice dude. This of course deserved celebration, and celebrate we did, until around 10 when we all found our ways back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb