Background: The Kingdom of the Netherlands was formed in 1815. In 1830 Belgium seceded and formed a separate kingdom. The Netherlands remained neutral in World War I, but suffered invasion and occupation by Germany in World War II. A modern, industrialized nation, the Netherlands is also a large exporter of agricultural products. The country was a founding member of NATO and the EEC (now the EU), and participated in the introduction of the euro in 1999.
Photos from Hasselt
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Hasselt
Latest Blogs from Hasselt
- September 13th 2011 Last days in Belgium
by Words: 366 Photos: 13
- February 23rd 2011 Last hurdle.
by Words: 162 Photos: 0
- February 19th 2011 Hi there!
by Words: 383 Photos: 0
- August 29th 2010 Onto Belgium.....and chocolate and beer!
by Words: 687 Photos: 58
- February 16th 2008 Een week, maar dan thuis.
by Words: 157 Photos: 0
- April 22nd 2007 welcome barbecue for Marco
by Words: 248 Photos: 8