Mur de Huy - pouring with rain


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Liège Province
July 29th 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up early for b/fast before a 4hr bus trip to Belgium. After a cautious lunch we stopped the bus at the top of the Mur de Huy and we stepped out into pouring rain and the first serious ride of the trip. A short work up and we rolled into the famous hill, famed for being Cadel's winning leg on the 2010.This hill wasn't too painful, the main problem being wheelies and the back wheel spinning on the paint lines in the rain.Despite reaching 26% it was quite short and we both managed it well.

We progressed to the the next hill which was much tougher, still peeing down with rain but the country side was great so the time, mainly through agricultural land and then into forrest, so time passed very quickly. Several more steep climbs and we arrived in Stavelot in the Ardenne, which is green and very hilly (even has a ski resort).

After and several more hills we arrived in the hotel, which is like Fawlty Towers in a beautiful setting and with great management. Great 4 course meal and comfortable beds. Overall, despite the rain we had a fantastic day.

Advertisement



1st July 2012

Bonjour Idiots
Watched up to the first sprint last night. About to watch the highlights. It would be helpful to know where you are watching the race so we can look for Skippy. Trev.
5th July 2012

Hi Guys
Just checked in to see how you're going - hope the lycra's holding up well!! Very interesting and amusing blogs, I still haven't worked out who is who; shouldn't Chris be 'Scotty', and did you get beamed up into the future or maybe fatigue is taking its toll, only your last entry is dated 29th July! The Mur de Huy sounds like 'Murder' he he!! but congratulations for your achievement. Look forward to seeing some pics posted. Take care, love Suexx

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb