Minsk....


Advertisement
Belarus' flag
Europe » Belarus » Minsk Voblast » Minsk
September 21st 2008
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So here we are. Minsk. Who would have thought a place with such an amusing name could be so grey. And that goes for the people as well as the weather. We have arrived safely, if a little tired and dizzy spending 21hours cramped into a tiny cabin with the bag lady from Moscow taking up all available space and not a soul speaking English - which would have been ok if we weren't glared at by every person in the carriage every time we walked anywhere - or anyone walked passed us (aparently a glare is the same as "please excuse me I'm coming though" over here!) Not that we're bitter - we decided on this trip and the route and I'm sure the building of character will do us wonders when we encounter downright rude people in the future!

So for Minsk - well it's interesting. Not interesting in we would want to come here again or ever recommend it to anyone, but if you want to feel totally lost not knowing the language (this is totally our fault...!) or being able to read any signs (until Ben finally recognized the word for internet!) then Minsk is the place to come! Well we've jumped in at the deep end - so it's what we should have expected, and Minsk is a beautiful city - it's true I've seen pictures... we're just too scared to leave the station!

No pictures this time, but next time we'll try to work this old blog out a little more and you may be able to see us! Hoorah!

Until next time (hopefully not in Minsk)

Hannah and Ben

xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th September 2008

Mr.T
I love that Mr.T picture, and I like your new hair ben, you look hawt.
30th September 2008

Well done
Good work guys, your blog is very amusing so far, don't fear people get warmer with the weather and just generally the further east and south you go, so enjoy being cynical while you can!
9th January 2009

Great going kids!
Jacomine gave me the link, so have just read your blog from back to front and what an interesting tale. China, Vietnam and Cambodia was a tripdown memory lane for me so I really did enjoy it. Had forgotten all about the coconut candy and wasn't it delicious. Looking forward to seeing Peter and Jacomine on April 4th after they have caught up with you at Alice I gather. So glad you are enjoying the adventure! Cheers, Judy.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb