The first weekend of our trip


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 9th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

David finally landed on Friday (June 6th). I wouldn't let him sleep and took him golfing with my grandfather. Although he fell asleep every time we sat down and lost more balls than there were holes he made it through the outing. After that we walked around Guntramsdorf and went to dinner with my grandparents and some friends at a local authentic Austrian restaurant. After eating our wienerschnitzel, we went home, topped the night of with a grappa (night cap) and finally let David go to bed.



On Saturday we went and checked into our first hostel (Westend City Hostel) and spent the day with my brother visiting the major tourist sights in the center of Vienna. David was still pretty jet lagged so we took it easy and went home to rest a little before heading back out at night. We meet my brother again later that night at a beach bar with some of his friends. We spent the evening there and then headed to club for the rest of the night. When we returned to the hostel in the middle of the night there was someone sleeping in Davids bed and using the sheets he had bought. I found it hilarious and past out almost instantly. David was pretty pissed and spent the night on another bunk without a comforter. Of course that would happen to David.



The next day we woke up, got David 2 pairs of free sheets, just in case, and informed the desk that he was moving bunks. We spent the morning and early afternoon at Schloss Schonbrunn. We wondered the palace grounds for a few hours and then went to my brothers apartment for dinner. From there we went into the park for an open air party and to visit with my cousin. We again went from there to a bar/club and spent the rest of the night there. At the end of the night we went swinging on a giant swing in the park, said farewell to my brother and headed back to the hostel. When we finally made it back to the hostel we again found someone in David's bunk. I about died laughing and again past out. David had some "pleasant" words for the reception worker, and the nice guy who swooped his bed, the next morning as we checked out. Overall I have to say I had a very nice experience at the hostel but David has different opinions. Now we are off to Prague and we are hopefully going to find Tommy somewhere in the general vicinity of the next hostel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb