Vivacious Vienna.


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
March 10th 2013
Published: March 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Vienna was a bit confusing, we expected to see beautiful old palaces but instead felt as though we had arrived in Dubai with lots of very modern, large office buildings surrounding us. We were to be staying for the first three days, couchsurfing, in "Donau City" right next to the Vienna conference center and the United Nations. We met our first Couchsurfing host, Hartwig, Who is a very friendly Austrian that practices Buddhism and he was going to be flying to India that Saturday for Buddhism training.
So far we have visited Stephansdom, Hofburg and numerous beautiful gardens.
Yesterday we visted the Hundertwasser House which looked like an apartment for 21st centuary Hobbits.
I learnt there is even a Toiliet in Whangarei that was designed by Hundertwasser.
We are off now to take advantage of the Museams that are free on sunday and will add pictures tonight.
Leah and Eric.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Hundertwasser HouseHundertwasser House
Hundertwasser House

Whats cool about the Hundertwasser house is it hasn´t been turned into a museam and people actually rent the apartments inside.



12th March 2013
Kunst House

my travel
Hi I am enjoying your blog and googling the places you are visiting. G
13th March 2013
Hundertwasser house

weather
Hey, Wellington up to its 37th day of no wind and no clouds but I hear Frankfurt airport closed with snow. Farmers here are in trouble. Wellington has 20 days of water left. Not allowed to water our gardens!
14th March 2013
Hundertwasser house

Wow
What happens after 20 days? We had a suprise 18 degrees here a few days ago and we were walking around in tee shirts having ice cream. Now Vienna is covered in snow and I have spent the morning shovelling snow.
14th March 2013
Hundertwasser house

your location
Hey! I google-earthed your coordinates and found myself in the middle of a huge field. Not far away there were Some big sheds and a residential building with trees and a swimmingpool. All very exciting. What is this place and other than shovelling show ( it could be worse) what are you doing? Eating? living with? feeling? G
14th March 2013
Hundertwasser house

street addresses
Sen street addresses when you can. It will be easier to google-map. The co-ordinates don't seem to tally accurately, though you would Think they would be accurate.
24th March 2013
vienna Vienna Biliothek

You look great with your hat :-)!!!!
Eric, du siehst Klasse aus mit deiner Sherlock Homes Bedeckung!!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb