You're young for only a short amount of time, but you can be immature for as long as you want.


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was a warm afternoon, but mild enough that elderly gentlemen could don their overcoats as they went about their Vienna related business. A calmness hung in the air and over the crowd, like a Chimpanzee on Ketamine. That was, however, excluding five young boys who stood tense and edgy in a ring, glancing nervously into the crowd, as if hoping tio catch the thoughts of the unsuspecting masses. The reasoning behind the behaviour of these questionable youngsters was their intention to meet with their contact, a UN employed Serbian political refugee. Liz was kind enough to give up 2 days of her life to be wasted guiding us, with great knowledge and boundless conversational abilites.

We saw all the major sights of the city and more, including Mozart's house, the cemetary and two palaces. We also visited an open air video concert, as part of the Vienna Film Festival. It twere the three tenors and there could be no better setting to hear it than outside the gothic Viennese Rathaus, on a clear night with a full moon. Unfortunately, even their rousing Libretto could not stir Flopsys ardour.

Our time there was concluded with a farewell meal at 'Liz's place', which was besonders gut und lustig.

Tschus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb