Hiking in Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Mondsee
June 5th 2014
Published: June 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We spent the day with Wolfgang and Annette again. This is their last day here so we made the most of it.

We toured a farming museum which was quite interesting. The big chalet style Austrian homes were actually home and barn combined. The animals lived in the back of the structure, except for the chickens who lived in a cage under a bench in the living room. Between the animals and living quarters was where the hay and feed were stored. Then a section for the farm tools. Then the house which was a main room, one bedroom for all and a room for the grandparents. The camera was not working so we may have to go back to get some photos.

After the museum it was off for a hike. We drove to Wolfgangsee which is another lakeside town nearby. Then we hiked up in the hills to Black Lake. We have now been to 3 Black Lakes--one in Olympia Washington, one in British Columbia, and one in Austria. Anyway at the top of the trail on the lake was a beer garden. When we would hike in B.C. with our boating friends, Maryjane would always tell us there was ice cream or chocolate at the end of the trail, but most of the time she was just kidding. I was wishing Maryjane was with us on this hike because there really was ice cream and chocolate at the end of the trail, not to mention apple struedel and beer. So we enjoyed a lakeside snack before going back down the trail.

We finished the day at Wolfgang and Annette's B&B sampling the local apricot schnapps and another schnapps that is made from the sap of a tree. It tastes like a fir tree but Wolfgang loves it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb