Innsbruck & Liechtenstein


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
October 6th 2013
Published: October 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in Innsbruck, a town surrounded by the Alps. The scenery is amazing and is it hard to believe that in a few months it will all be covered in a white blanket of snow. It is a very busy place, lots of tourists visiting the shops. Swarovski crystal is made here, there was an exhibition of the crystal and a huge shop where you could some. I debated so much about what I would like, that I talked myself out of buying anything 😊 Probably not a bad thing!

We walked around town and headed back to the hotel for a break. Due to all the bookings we have made, we got a night free accommodation, so we decided to book the Hilton! Really nice.

Then it was out to dinner at a local restaurant, some schnitzel and pork knuckle. Sounds not quite right, but so delicious. Then it was back to the Hotel to plan next day.

We were planning on heading to Zurich, but after researching accommodation, we decided that we would bypass it. We decided to head down into Liechtenstein instead. Why not add another country to the list 😊.

Liechtenstein is tiny, only about 160klms square in total, with only 36,000 residents. For such a little country, there is a lot of money here, Audis, Beamers, Mercs and Porsches. There restaurants have the most michelen stars than in any other country. It is another popular place for skiing in winter. Our Hotel was really nice here, and had English TV Channels! I could quite easily get addicted to the English TV Show Emmerdale!!! After one episode, I want to know what happens next (very sad I know).

After our night here, we are heading back to Italy and Milan!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 26; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb