Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
July 4th 2014
Published: July 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On thursday we took a day trip to Salzburg. The train ride was pretty boring, but as we drew closer to the city the beautiful mountains came into view. After closely examining our maps we set of on a long walk to Getreidegasse, which (in addition to having lots of wonderful shops) is the street on which Mozart was born. We were able to hit some of the shops for a few hours before we ventured the rest of the way up to the castle. We all took a lift to the top. We were presented with a beautiful view of the mountains where many photos were taken. Some of us took an audio tour of the castle, while others just explored. The Getreidegasse had many awesome places to go, even a torture chamber. After the tour, some of the students tried to go to a soccer field that was on the castle grounds, but it was private. After we were finished at the castle, we took our lift back down and were charmed by many street performers as we exited the city. We had another long train ride home. It was a beautiful day!

















Mickey Hefertape


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb