Day 42: Train to Salzburg, Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 5th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

to Salzburg


It is hard to believe that we are on our way to Salzburg, our last stop on the trip!!! Five days and we’ll be headed back to Topeka and our restarting our lives there.



We leisurely made our way to the Budapest Keleti train station to catch the fast train to Salzburg. We had purchased tickets on line before arriving in Europe. Our ticket was to Munich instead of Salzburg, because it was 20%!l(MISSING)ess cost than the shorter one to Salzburg! (Thanks, “TravelAdvisor.Com”)



We had reserved seats on the 2nd class car. The seats are comfortable, and the AC works. What more can you ask for? The train is quite modern and has a video information system on the ceiling, with maps and other information. We went 96 miles an hour!!!



We arrived, followed hotel’s directions: walk out of the station, turn left and walk five minutes. And we arrived at the Crowne Plaza, site of Gary’s economics meeting, in eight minutes, without getting lost. That was a first!



We unpacked, went to a reception for the conference, and had dinner in the Pittergarden Restaurant behind the hotel. We had some Austrian specialities, a pork schnitzel (breaded) dish, grilled veggies and french fries! It was very good! Early night to bed.



More photos below.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



9th July 2012

Still looks great in every way!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb