That's a country?


Advertisement
Andorra's flag
Europe » Andorra
October 7th 2007
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Andorra is a super small country nestled between Spain and France. We figured that we might not ever make it to Andorra in the future so why not see it now! We headed to a small ski down called Arsinal. Unlike the Spanish coast, the tourist ski season had not yet begun because there was no snow. It was just really cold! We had a hard time finding a place to eat on the first night so we had our good old sandwich in the room dinner. Of course this was accompanied by a fine bottle of wine!

The next day our goal was the hike to the tallest mountain in Andorra. The trail was supposedly very close to our hotel but we were not able to read any of the signs. We saw some hikers heading up the hill so we figured that they must be going to same place we want to go! It was a pretty tough climb up a valley and then switchbacks on the hill/mountain. It was very cold and as we got closer to the “top” we were in a cloud and couldn’t see very far ahead. Yuri was determined to make it to
A view from our hike IIA view from our hike IIA view from our hike II

All of the towns in Andorra are set in valleys with huge mountains on either side.
the top but I was the bad guy and decided that we should head back. Remember that we didn’t even know if we were on the correct path……………and we WEREN’T! We figured this out when we got back to the hotel and looked at their big map of the area. Oh well, it was still a great hike!

We set out on a restaurant quest again that evening but didn’t have much luck other than a “Mexican” restaurant! I put that word in quotations because of the food we received! I’m not sure what sort of stupid cloud came over me but I thought we needed some guacamole! Yes it was the bright green kind that you squirt out of a tube. The stupid cloud then transferred itself over to Yuri’s side of the table and convinced him to order a beef burrito! Yes it was a frozen burrito like the kind you get at 7-11! To top it off the only beer they had to wash it all down with was Heineken! The moral of the story is, don’t go to a ski down before there is snow! It was a really beautiful area though so I am hoping that we do actually make it back to Andorra to go skiing someday!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb