Albania


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » West » Tirana
August 28th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tour, what tour?

Well this little previous communist country was probably one of the most amusing visits of the lot. After a very long day of driving to Albania, should only take a couple of hours but because of how dodgy the roads are it takes us all day. It’s a completely different world. So when we finally get into the Capital Tirana and meet up with a lady who is going to give us a bit of a tour around town I think, well here we go this will make it worth it. It turns out we drive down one street where she says this building this and that buildings that, go around a around about, shows us the equivalent to McDonalds, we turn right at the next set of traffic lights and she says, ‘Well that concludes the tour!’, we all stare at each other in confusion and shock and try and hold in our laughter.

Our major highlight of Albania was our 4 star hotel, a twin share room the size of a small apartment, just what we all really need after 3 days of no showering and cramped style sleep. After a group dinner, and waiting half an hour for a bottle of wine, the girls retire to the room for a night of luxury, hot showers, straightening hair and watching a flick!

The next day we say goodbye to Albania, wait at the border for a very long time and then marvel at the skills of Foggy’s bus driving… as you can see from the photos it took some effort, the funniest was when a little boy tried to help us out by jumping into the driving seat of his mum’s car to move it for us and then his mum yelling at him and shoving him over to the passenger seat. I think it was near this point that we also passed a goat or a sheep hung up being skinned… mmm yummy.

Ready for sun & water again - lucky we head to Montenegro!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Our Hotel RoomOur Hotel Room
Our Hotel Room

Aggghh.. luxury


Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb