Day 3: Saranda


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » South » Sarandë
July 1st 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Luggage has arrived! Woo Hoo!

I feel so much better now that my bags have arrived. I was worried that half of the donation items for the Albanian Center for Marine Research was going to be lost in baggage-land forever!

Once the bags arrived, Auron, his friend and driver and I headed south to Saranda. There are basically 2 roads that go to Saranda. The first being the coastline, which supposedly is beautiful, but extremely busy on the weekends. The second was the road that we took - through the mountains. I cannot imagine that the coastline road could have been more beautiful, but the countryside in Albania is stunning.

We stopped at this little place in the middle of the canyons for lunch. It was a delicious combination of rice, meat, salad and yogurt. Very fresh and very fulfilling.

Once we arrived in Saranda, we ate at a delicious seafood bar with fresh fish, octopus, shrimp, calamari, feta cheese, pita and watermelon. Absolutely the best meal I have had yet!

There was a private beach that we all relaxed at for a little while. Auron and his friend went swimming while I slept on the beach. The weather was so beautiful and relaxing, I couldn't help it!

We finally met up with the remainder of the group tonight. It is going to be a really great trip with a great group of people. We start the field school tomorrow and documentation will begin!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb