The Saints


Advertisement
Published: April 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our stay in Iles des Saintes was short but sweet, we stayed for only a few days but this was more than enough time to see the area. There are a number of small islands here and we went to the largest, Terre d’en Haut, which is a beautiful little French island with the only small town in the whole of The Saints. Like Martinique, the place was very French and had cheap wine, good cheese and a fantastic ice cream shop. After a wonder round the small town I came across the best shop I have ever been in, any girl reading this will understand. The shop was full of gorgeous items of clothes all designed and made by the woman who owns the shop, I loved everything in there, so much so that I took the owners email address so that I can make an over-seas order when I next have some money.

We decided to hire a scooter for a day; the island is so small it’s possible to see pretty much everything on a scooter in a short time, so it was a good investment. We went to a number of beaches and played around in the sea, sand and rocks and saw some old ruins. We also went to Fort Napoleon, which was built in 1867 at the top of a hill with an excellent view of the harbour, unfortunately it was closed when we arrived. Other than that we enjoyed some of the local cafes and shops before heading to our next destination, Bequia again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th April 2009

Heading North
'Fair winds and following seas' on you way North to Bermuda. It will seem strange as the latitude changes but perhaps you are ready for some cooler weather.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb