Tobago Cays & Cameron's Birthday


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Isabella, Charles, Heather and LucaIsabella, Charles, Heather and LucaIsabella, Charles, Heather and Luca

Good luck on your way to Oz!
Tobago Cays

After a lovely sail with Chilli Cat beside us and the kids doing a general knowledge quiz on the VHF we arrived in the most beautiful Tobago Cays. This is one of the Caribbean’s biggest coral reefs and set amongst the most turquoise water we have ever seen (so far...).

This is also a tricky piece of waterway to manoeuvre in as the depths are very shallow and not great for a boat with such a deep draught – extreme care must be exercised when we are following a catamaran.
After a spot of lunch we headed to Turtle Beach and bump into a huge clan of ARC families (Rafiki, Mad Fish and Intrepid Bear). The boys had great fun playing with all the kids whilst snorkelling with turtles and exploring the island where we lost count after spotting at least a dozen huge Iguanas and small tortoises.



Cameron’s 11th Birthday

On the third of January, my birthday, I woke up feeling really excited. I went into Mum’s cabin and had presents. I got a mask and snorkel as well as a DS game. Then we went to the beach where all my friends; Mad Fish, Rafiki, Chilli Cat and Intrepid Bear were. Mummy, Daddy, Samuel and I went to explore inland. As we went to explore a huge iguana was blocking our way. Eventually he moved. We carried on and saw lots of funny tortoises. When I picked one up he quickly tucked himself in. Then it started to rain and we ran back to the dinghy.

We arranged with Chilli Cat to see them later. Their Mum and Dad are called Heather and Charles and their children are Luca and Isabella. Luca is lego-tastic. We’d arranged to go to a lobster shack, so we brought some burgers for us and the adults had lobster. We brought our own drinks. We had lots of fun as we got there for sundowners. The burgers were really nice and Mum said the lobster was good too. We watched a movie and then went home. I had a really good birthday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb