A week in paradise


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent a week in paradise, the island of Nevis. The weather was great every day with blue skies and temperatures reaching 85 degrees. Every day we were there we had the option of several activities which almost always included something with the beach.

On Tuesday several of us went horseback riding along the beach and throughout some of the neighborhoods on the Southwest side of the island. There were million dollar homes and countless families living in poverty. Some were living in tractor trailer carriages with only a few holes cut open for windows. While others were living in houses that most people would consider not even big enough to store their cars. It was very eye opening to see the diversity within two blocks of each other.

The people of the island were very pleasant and wanted to accomodate us for anything we needed. One gentleman told me that they are so kind so that we will tell others about their wonderful island and we come back to help their economy.

One place that was not to be missed was a restauant / bar called Sunshine's. They make this potent, delicious drink called the Beehive. The
School childrenSchool childrenSchool children

Elementary school children
staff will not tell you what is in it, but it tastes like rum, several other juices and a dash of nutmeg on top. All around the posts of the bar were pictures of celebrities from around the world with the star.

On Wednesday, Trish went golfing her best round of golf she ever played. It was a beautiful course and we think that had something to do with how she played. Thursday, we went snorkling and sailing on a beautiful 20 foot boat.

The rest of the time, we sat in the sun nearly every day and were very well rested by the time we finished our vacation.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SunshineSunshine
Sunshine

Sunshine's restaurant - famous for their Beehive drinks
PoolPool
Pool

One of the three pools at Four Seasons
18th hole18th hole
18th hole

Fairway of the 18th hole on the Four Seasons golf course
DuskDusk
Dusk

Sunset in Nevis


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb