Terminal Transfer Troubles


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Alarm rings at 4:30 am after what seems like only 2 hours sleep. Out of hotel and into terminal by 5 am (so the hotel does have a plus point!).

At this time of the morning the queue is minimal so we're soon through security and sitting in Costa with a flat white and a almond croissant. The caffeine certainly helps. The weather is foul (I hope the Ladies from Aston Abbotts enjoyed Royal Ascot) and we're 20 mins late taking off, under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem but we're changing in Paris and any more delays could make it interesting!

I do have an advantage however as I've got the inside track from a very good friend of mine who's done this before and he's given me the low down on transferring between terminals. What he hasn't mentioned is what happens when the shuttle bus doesn't turn up and there are 60 people in front of you in the queue! Quick decision is made and we decide to walk to the terminal.

The only problem we face is as follows:

1. Exit T2E via passport control

2. Walk to T2C

3. Go back through passport control

4. Go through security

and find gate where flight departs which, in the meantime has changed since we started the trek!

Suffice to say we made it. Next stop St Marteen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb