Panamania


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I dont know if youve looked at a map of Central America lately but.... Panama is a really thin country, its so thin that many years ago, it was decided that it would be a good idea to build a huge canal so boats can pass through from each ocean and save 1000s of miles.
Anyway we went to see it, Im not that into canals normally, but it was very impressive.

We spent a few days in Panama City and looked around a bit, but mainly we were resting in a nice hotel with TV and Air Con! Thought we would splash out and rest for a bit, as we had both were a little ill.

Once rested, we went to the carribean again, the archipelago islands of Bocos Del Toro. A beautiful cluster of islands in the north of Panama. Very chilled out people and lovely beaches. It felt very Carribean. The Carribean sea is the warmest I have ever been in...

We went snorkelling, with the brightest coral and fishes, also went dolphin spotting, there were loads.. and we saw red frogs in the forest. Spent hours looking for sloths in trees.. but didnt see any and considering they are the laziest animals.. where were they....

It really felt like a holiday!! drinking.. chilling and swimming in the sea.. I think what we will be doing lots of over the coming months....... off to Costa Rica next!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb