Marching forward...


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

3/2/11 (Barb) Skip is much better today and we took a ride in another direction toward Santa Fe near the National Forest. Of course it goes to dirt roads before you get there...so we turned around just outside of Santa Fe. The ride was certainly beautiful...we both agreed this was our favorite area..maybe cuz of the lack of trash???
We kept seeing this funny looking things hanging from some of the trees along the side of the road....red, shaped like a plum tomato with a nut like thing growing on the top. We stopped and picked one up and when we got back to the hotel....we asked the clerk there what it was..she gave us a name and indicated that we could just bite into it..so we did..and YUCK bitter taste..so we threw it away once we got to our room. Still don't know what it was..tried to find it online..no luck. Oh well!

We watched lots of kids going and coming home from school...all wear uniforms...different ones for different schools but all in uniforms of some kind. The younger children go to school in the morning and the high school kids go to school in the afternoon...12-6pm...so there is always school traffic of some kind.

Saw absolutely no mail boxes anywhere in Panama...wonder how the mail is taken care of???

Finally saw some nice looking barns outside of Santiago...like I said things seem to be better in this neck of the woods for some reason...not sure why...

We forgot to tell you that we saw lots of remnants from the road blocks driving to Santiago the other day...huge trees pushed to the side that had been set afire during the roadblocks, huge rocks and signs...glad we didn't get stuck for hours at one of those...all is settled now...thank God.

Ok..my wanderings are done for the nite...Skip is back to not feeling so hot...so he is abed for the nite and has no interest in writing...so hasta la vista baby!

Advertisement



4th March 2011

Fruit
ok, I guess I'm a better googler than you. I choose google IMAGES and typed Panama Fruit - it came right up. It's called a cashew fruit. http://www.boqueteguide.com/?p=864 check this out.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb