Panama City


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
February 25th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Panama City Sky LinePanama City Sky LinePanama City Sky Line

Pretty spectacular.... And where all the beautiful people run, skate, cycle up and down in the morning.... Certainly trying to be the next Venice Beech....
So we've checked out of Buenos Aires for the 2nd time and probably the last time, at least for a while and out of Argentina until we return in a few months time for our Iguassu time in June.... and onwards and upwards for the first stop in our Central American leg of our tour!!

Panama City....

Its a bit bizare really, thats its quicker to get from Dubai to London than to get from Buenos Aires to Panama.... but it is ....7.5 hours.

We've had a good couple of days to check out the old city and admire the sky line of the new city, visit the infamous Panama Canal and take a run along the promenade before the heat got unbearable.... Jon still miles ahead of me and he was in flip flops.... So unfair!!!!

So what's the verdict..... Please please please if you come save yourself the 20$ and don't go to the canal! It was sooooooooo very very boring.... And if you've lived in the UK and visited any canal with a lock in your time.... You've seen it, done it and worn the TShirt!!!! In fact I have a DVD 7 mins
Pelicans Pelicans Pelicans

Not statues as Jon thought they were.....
long and had to cut it short as the ship was still coming through the first lock and had another lock to go!!!!! And as I'm so nice and want to save anyone else the pain of the bordem I will give a copy to anyone who wants to experience it...lol!!!!!

I am sure it's an engineering genius but it was also very hot and very crowded with people who genunainely looked intrigued and interested.... Maybe having locks in the UK we are just spoiled but hey... We just didn't get it!!!

Much preferred seeing the old city which although still has a way to go as far as regeneration goes is really getting there and is lovely to wonder around for a few hours if topped of by a tub of Ceviche at the local fish market... Fresh, Cheap and blooming lovely!!!!!

Topped off our visit here with a surprisingly great Cuban meal which we settled for after following the lonely planet directions for a good Indian Restaurant to no avail....

As far as city's go it was a nice pit stop and breaks you in gently to the humidity of Central America....

Hostel Villa Venta Surf was a really great place to stay and chill out with the Brucie bonus the pool!!!! Not to mention the pancakes for breakie and the über comfy bunks for the bargain price of £8 per night.....

Next stop the bus station....... And Boquete.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Casio VeijoCasio Veijo
Casio Veijo

Certainly showing its best side.....
Miraflores lockMiraflores lock
Miraflores lock

We had the time of our lives.......
CevichesCeviches
Ceviches

Better than they look!!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb