Fish and Fun


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bocas del Toro, Panama


Jan and JudithJan and JudithJan and Judith

Our adventure companions on our Bocas de Toro stay.
Hello all,

We are in the north of Panama in an archipelago called Bocas del Toro. We have extended our stay by five days as we are having such a good time here. At last, everything is easy here! We travelled from San Jose in Costa Rica with two german backpackers. We took a 6 hour journey on the bus together, then took a bus and then we took a water taxi to arrive two hours later in Bocas Town! What a day!
Judith and Jan remained with us for five days and we had a lot of fun on a boat tour. We went to three different destinations on a small speed boat, visiting Dolphin Bay to spot bottle-nosed dolphins, Cayo Coral where we snorkelled (nage sous l'eau avec masque et tuba) and Red Frog Beach to see this very special type of frog. We saw so much that day: Parrot fish, Barracuda fish, Needle fish, Star fish, Corals and many many small colourful tropical fish! Please have a look at the awesome pictures Matt took of our trip. xxx All is well, write to you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Jan and MattJan and Matt
Jan and Matt

The boys at the front and in gear for the adventure, shielding the girls in the back from the spary. Heroes.
Fashionable and practicalFashionable and practical
Fashionable and practical

Judith and Delphine on the boat to Dolphin Bay
Dolphin Bay, amazing!Dolphin Bay, amazing!
Dolphin Bay, amazing!

We were surrounded by a dozen of dolphins going about their normal life, catching their breath 3 metres away from our boat!
Dolphins!Dolphins!
Dolphins!

They were gorgeous.
Dolphins everywhere you looked.Dolphins everywhere you looked.
Dolphins everywhere you looked.

By the end of the time watching them we were able to distinguish individuals. Some stayed always away from the boat, some came closer and others were always in pairs.
Ragged FinRagged Fin
Ragged Fin

Poor thing must have caught a propeller in the past.
They looked so smooth and graceful.They looked so smooth and graceful.
They looked so smooth and graceful.

They were also more flexible than a ballerina!
Cayo CoralCayo Coral
Cayo Coral

Part of our tour that day was this place. Amazing floating dock set up for the pleasure of snorkelling. You can see the front of the speed boat we travelled in the whole day. At the back are the toilets that have no running water and for which you need to collect water in a bucket from the ocean and pour into the toilet to flush it...
Matt snokelling/ masque et tuba in Cayo CoralMatt snokelling/ masque et tuba in Cayo Coral
Matt snokelling/ masque et tuba in Cayo Coral

We saw baracuda fish, rays, parrot fish and lots and lots of multi couloured reef fish (poissons de roches)!!!
A local red frogA local red frog
A local red frog

This species is endemic to the island and poisonous! We went for a walk on red frog beach and spotted two of them.
An odd crabAn odd crab
An odd crab

He has got a claw significantly bigger than the other. There were dozens of them on Red Frog Beach.
Have a guess, what is this?Have a guess, what is this?
Have a guess, what is this?

It is a sloth!! C'est un paresseux!!!
Sloth again, the sameSloth again, the same
Sloth again, the same

At least, Matt had time to photograph it. Not like the dolphins!!!!
And againAnd again
And again

Amazing creature to see in the wild.
Matching earrringsMatching earrrings
Matching earrrings

Thanks to Laure-Carlyne, I can match again!
Local FashionLocal Fashion
Local Fashion

I bought a cute hand embroided top from the sweetest granny ever in a local show by the seafront. Bless her heart, we understood each other although we could not speak the same language.


31st October 2010
Have a guess, what is this?

encore moi!
très impressionnant le paresseux et surtout ses griffes!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb