Bocas del Toro


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Puerto Viejo a little behind schedule and made our way into Panama. First stop was in Bocas del Toro; a chain of islands on the Western Caribbean coast of Panama. The vibe here was really cool. To get to the hostel we were staying at, you had to take water taxis there and back. Everything has a relaxed feeling to it. We came with the dancers and an Ozy named Mike. We ended up finding a house that a guy rented out to us for a good price, and got hooked up with a local guy who wanted to go surfing. The second day we were there, a swell came through and we finally got to surf some Caribbean waves. The waves broke over a shallow reef and if you fell on a big wave, you had some good chances of doing damage to yourself. Luckily, T-Bag only got a couple of sea urchin spines embedded in his foot and hand and nothing more.

A few days later...Nicole came to visit!! She was able to get some time off of class, so I shuffled some things around and we were able to get her over to the islands. Over the next couple of days we went snorkeling, went out for Halloween, and watched the Gators play some football. We had to take an overnight bus ride into Panama City to catch her flight later in the week, so we stayed at an ACTUAL hotel in the rainforest one night for her early birthday present. This place had TWO king sized beds. I've been accustomed to hammocks or single mattresses in rooms with no A/C for the last two months. It was a nice change.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

ZapadillasZapadillas
Zapadillas

Super secluded islands


7th November 2009

Dreads!
Andrea had dreads for about 2 years. YUK!! Lyle and I spent several days in Boca del Toros a few years back. We stayed at a resort that was Eco-friendly. It ran on solar and used all rain water. The cabins were on stilts sitting out on the water. We could watch the marine life from our front deck and as we walked to and from the restaurant area. It is an awesome place! Keep havin' fun!
7th November 2009

Glad all went well
Sounds like you both had a good time. When are you posting pics?? The web site for Bocas del Toro looked beautiful. Be safe in Colombia!!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb