Vacay in Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Nicaragua!Welcome to Nicaragua!Welcome to Nicaragua!

Just as we crossed the border from Honduras to Nicaragua.
Well, we had an unexpected vacation from school. We had one case of H1N1 at school and they closed in down to be safe and clean the whole school. This meant added time on ou r already existing break for the long weekend of Honduras independence day.

Sarah K., Pam, and I were already going to travel to Nicaragua but we decided to go early so that Libby and Kallie could come too, as they have plans for Roatan on the weekend. We decided to come here Sunday and then leave Friday. I will then catch a ride with Jimmy and Sarah to Comayagua on Sunday and spend a few days with Walt.

Our holiday started well with a soccer game between Honduras and Trinidad/Tobago. Despite electricity going out, we were able to catch the second half of the game and watch Honduras win! Walt was with a bunch of us that went o ut to a local restaurant that put up big screens. (pics to follow all this soon, when I am back from the trip).

Sunday morning at 5:30am, we caught a bus to Niaragua. The bus was about $75 for round trip but it was air conditioned, gave us food, had a bathroom, and showed movies. The trip was about 6 hours total but it didn't feel too bad as we transferred buses in the middle.

We ended up in the capital (Managua) and then took a one hour bus ride to Granada, where we found a 5 person room with air conditioning and a pool, dropped off our stuff and went for dinner.

Today we are heading to the "monkey hut" that belongs to the Bearded Monkey hostel. We'll spend the day in innertubes on the water, and reading in hammocks.

Tomorrow morning we are heading to San Juan Del Sur which boasts beaches, surfing, diving, and lots more. We'll spend a few days there before heading back to Honduras.

I have now visited 11 countries 😊 Only thousands more to go 😉

Oh how I love vacation!



Advertisement



8th September 2009

Bar Republik
Check out this awesome bar in San Juan as well a friend I met along the way has just opened a bar there too... try to check it out for me, his name is James and he Canadian! Tell him hey
9th September 2009

Sounds great
Glad to hear you're still experiencing new adventures, I am envious. I have been to Granada and it was absolutely beautiful. Vacations are great and I would love to be visiting a lot of the places that you have. One day I may just have to do that. Before I do I will talk to you and get some suggestions as to where to go and what to see. Keep on going and sending me your great adventures. Love you and talk to you later. Uncle Wally

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb